14 July 2010

Jemina in Jalouse




Spotted Jemina Pearl, former Nashvillian and front woman for the brat-punk band be your own PET, while flipping through the May 2010 issue of Jalouse. I was never particularly fond of be your own PET, and I still haven't gotten around to listening to the solo album she released last October (although I am intrigued after reading that both Iggy Pop and Thurston Moore make guest appearances), but what I am fond of is this spread. The punky denim vest and cutoffs balance out the sweetness of the John Galliano trench and Miu Miu platforms. Honestly, I'm just overjoyed to see someone do something different with that Miu Miu collection. It is by far my favorite collection from spring, but the editors have really stretched it thin the past couple of months. It looks fresh on Jemina. Just in time for fall.

No comments: