03 February 2010

I look just like Buddy Holly.


Today marks the 51st anniversary of Buddy Holly's death, otherwise known as "The Day the Music Died". We're pretty tight, Buddy and I. We share the same hometown (Lubbock, TX), and I visited the Buddy Holly Center, like, ten times growing up. They handed out fake glasses with those thick black frames that everyone loves. I thought they were pretty super geeky at the time. If you don't know much about Buddy Holly and his music, I suggest you go read up on him, or at least watch how this woman introduces him on the Arthur Murray Dance Party in 1957. You youngsters and your crazy rock 'n' roll music...

"For a lot of the youth today, with 50 years of popular music behind them, it's sometimes hard to understand Buddy Holly's music. But at the time, it pinned a lot of people against the wall. It was unique. He was a real rebel, a real punk." -James Allen

1 comment:

Steven said...

i remember watching this weezer video over and over and over on my computer when i was in like 3rd grade.