10 November 2009

I don't like change.


Change makes me want to run away, forget everything, and start over with a clean slate, which I have effectively done twice thus far in my life. And both times it was fantastic.

I was only in London for one month this summer, and that was three whole months ago, but I'm still having trouble adjusting to living in a city I find so wholly uninspiring. I didn't always find Nashville uninspiring. I used to dream about living here back when I was in Texas. I was really into the whole music scene, which was something that my hometown most lacked. Not to say that I've fallen out of love with music. I've just fallen out of love with the music scene.

So I'll eventually move somewhere else, and then I'll fall out of love with that place, too, and I'll move again, and maybe someday I'll live happily ever after. The end, I guess.

5 comments:

Lucy said...

Oh i hope you will find somewhere. How did you find London?

Steven said...

Look for inspiration in things that are unsuspecting.

You might surprise yourself!

Unless, of course, you just have a vendetta out for being uninspired by Nashville... in that case, there's probably nothing you can do.

Steven said...

by the way - i was referencing the spider friends ep release tonight on my most recent post.

you asked, and i never answered. so there you have it.

Meagan said...

Oh yay! I'll be there!

kyle said...

I know how you feel. I love Austin, but in living here, it ceases to be the romantic ideal of a city/culture that it was when I was younger.